Sunday, January 26, 2014

Republic of Tea - Red Velvet Chocolate Tea - Review

**All products mentioned were purchased by me. I'm not affiliated with any companies mentioned.**

I recently was given a new tea for my birthday and it has quickly taken over my tea rotation. It's the Red Velvet Chocolate Tea from Republic of Tea. This tea is a caffiene-free blend of Rooibos, beet root bits, sweet blackberry leaves and natural chocolate and vanilla flavoring.


I was a bit hesitant of this tea at first. I've done a review of David's Tea's Red Velvet Cake Tea. That one is a black tea blend and I love it a lot. So naturally, I was skeptical that this would hold up to that one. This tea is different in that it's a Rooibos blend whereas David's Tea is a black tea blend. So, I wasn't sure how this one was going to translate and whether it would taste as good when paired with milk.


However, all hesitation left after my first sip. Now, the flavor on this one is not as strong as the flavor on David's Tea. It's a bit more subtle but that doesn't make me like it any less. You can taste the combination of chocolate and vanilla and it really does taste like Red Velvet cake. I think the red tea really works with this blend and keeps it from getting bitter. I steep this using water at full boil, brew for 3 or 4 minutes and then add a bit of milk. No sweetener added.

Also, worth noting, these come in bags. Even though I'm a loose tea lover, there are times it's just not as convenient as bags. Others that were intrigued by the David's Tea blend but aren't into loose tea may want to give this one a try. This blend is caffeine free too which makes it good for late night sipping. It also may be more accessible for some since Republic of Tea blends are generally sold in most grocery stores.

Have you tried this tea or any other of the Republic of Tea Chocolate Teas? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment