Saturday, November 9, 2013

Too Faced Be Merry and Bright Set - Photos and Swatches

**All products mentioned were purchased by me. I'm not affiliated with any companies mentioned.**

So, I've been trying to be better about working within a budget lately, and I wanted to share with you some of the palettes and kits that I've picked up from the holiday collections that are out. The first kit that I picked up is the Too Faced Be Merry and Bright Set from Ulta. This is an Ulta exclusive set and it retails for $45.00.


The kit comes with 2 palettes divided into warmer (Merry) and a cooler (Bright) colors. The palettes are very slim and sleek which make them great for any travel that you might be doing. The kit also comes with a full size Lash Injection mascara which I have not yet tried. All of the products come inside a zippered pouch that has one side clear and the other side the pink/gold chevron print that Too Faced is doing in a lot of their holiday sets.



Below are pictures of the Merry palette. This is easily my favorite of the two palettes because the colors are just so wearable. The shadows are all creamy and have great pigmentation. I also like that this palette includes a bronzer. The other palette includes a highlight and a blush. I always include a bronzer in my face routine and only sometimes will reach for a highlighter so I'm glad the kit was set up this way.


A close-up of the palette shades.


Swatches of the shades:
  • Top Row - Spice Bronzer, Egg Nog (a creamy white satin shade), Very Merry (awesome metallic goldish green) and Buttered Rum (a metallic light bronze gold)
  • Bottom Row - Peachy Keen blush, Bubbly (peach with gold), Brown Sugar (metallic medium bronzey brown), and Chocolate Moon (might as well be black with gold sparkle)
Below are pictures of the Bright palette. This palette does have some really nice shades in it as well. The pink and teal shades are super pigmented. Truthfully, I have no idea what to do with that pink shadow. It kind of scares me a little. But the other colors in the palette are gorgeous.


A close-up of the palette shades.


Swatches of the shades:


  • Top Row - Inner Light Highlighter, Wish (a cooler sand metallic), Bright Eyes (crazy bright cool pink) and Sequin (Bright metallic teal)
  • Bottom Row - Lollipop blush, Marshmallow (a light metallic pink), Mauvelous (a champagne metallic), and Starry Night (black with silver sparkles)
All in all, I really like this set. I think I've decided to pass on the Sephora exclusive All of my Favorite Things palette even though it is loaded with neutrals which are my favorite as I get the most use out of them. I'm really happy Too Faced is dialing back the packaging somewhat on the kits this season. In previous years, the palettes always came in giant boxes and tins which I know I would never reach for and were definitely not travel friendly. I like that this kit breaks apart into two normal sized palettes that can easily fit into a makeup bag if you are travelling. I also feel like you are getting a nice mix of products with the 12 shadows, 2 blushes, bronzer, highlight, and mascara. 

Have you tried any of the Too Faced Holiday sets or palettes? Let me know what you got and your thoughts on them in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment