Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Update - Where Have I Been and My Weight Loss Journey Part 2

** All views expressed are based on my own experience. I'm not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned.**

So, I dropped off the radar again for a month and a half. Where did I go? Well, I really didn't go anywhere. Just feeling somewhat uninspired with makeup lately. I've actually been only wearing my Laura Geller Balance and Brighten, some Laura Geller Bronze and Brighten, an Urban decay 24/7 liner and some mascara on a regular basis this week. I've barely been touching my eyeshadows which is so not like me.

I actually went to the store to try and pick up the new Laura Mercier Artist palette on Monday hoping that it would snap me out of my funk, but the Sephora I went to did not have it out. It's $48 so I don't want to have to order online and buy something else just to get out of paying shipping. Ayyy!

So, what have I been focusing on if it hasn't been makeup? Well, I finally had a moment of clarity about a month ago and realized that I really need to lose some weight. I had allowed myself to bury my head in the sand long enough. Blissfully unaware (or delusional) that my pants were getting tighter and tighter. That my shirts were no longer fitting right. When I had to recently pick up an XL button down shirt at NY and Company, it was time for a wake up call.

I dusted off my Weight Watchers Lifetime membership card, found a meeting nearby, and got my bum back there. I had lost weight (about 30-35 lbs) with Weight Watchers back around 2006 and made lifetime. I had managed to keep it off for a few years. Then I met my now husband and all my good intentions went out the window. I slowly put on 30 lbs prior to our marriage in October 2012 and since the marriage, I had put on about another 13 lbs. Yeah. Time for a wake up call.

I'm happy to report that I've been back following the program for 4 weeks now and I'm down 8.8 lbs. I'm just about at my 5% milestone. My goal is to lose another 25 lbs. which I'm estimating should take me at least 3-4 more months. I thought it might be a good idea to chronicle my weight loss experience on here for others to see and for me to look back on. So, stay tuned for some more updates along the way.

Anyone else out there trying to lose weight? Are you following Weight Watchers or doing something different?

No comments:

Post a Comment